Friday, May 15, 2009

Featured May Etsy Seller-SouthernGirlFlorals!




Wether it's hair accessories, floral baskets, or flower wreaths, SouthernGirlFlorals can create beautful art with nature's most beautfil items. Get to know this seller, then go check out her shop for purchasing information :)

1. What is your craft and how did you get started in it?

I design floral wreaths, arrangements and hair accessories. I have been creating silk floral wreaths for family and friends for a few years now, and I just started selling them online last year! Since then I have added the floral arrangements and most recently the hair accessories.

2. Why is it important to buy handmade?

When you buy handmade you are supporting the "little guys", the people that sell what they absolutely love, their true passion! These are the ones that put their customers first and they will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy! When you buy handmade you know exactly where that design came from and that it was created with care.

3. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?

I would love to be invisible, or to be able to read people's minds - I don't know, it's a toss up between those two.

4. Pick one word that describes your shop-and tell us why:

Cheerful. Maybe it's just me (because I am biased) but every time I look at all the bright colors and beautiful flowers in my shop, it always makes me smile!

5. What did you do when you made your first sale on Etsy?

I sold my first wreath about two weeks after I had opened my shop - it was a complete surprise. I literally jumped up and down with excitement! I screamed really loud too (and scared my husband). I could not believe it; I was ecstatic. It was the best feeling to know that someone else loved something that I had created and now it is half way across the country!

No comments: